Sunday, September 19, 2010

New carpet....new vacuum!

We are finally investing in new carpet.  We had planned on doing this much sooner, but then life happened and I was laid off (that was 2 years ago!).  It has been a struggle to say the least, but one that has brought us all closer.  I am so blessed to have the family that I do.

We have been in our home 6 1/2 years with carpet much older than that (yuck!) - the people before has had both cats and dogs along with a toddler roaming around.  Then we moved in with 2 dogs and though they are no longer with us, the carpet serves as a daily reminder that they were here....and not in a good way.  And of course, now we have a toddler roaming around and I hate to see her rolling around on that carpet.  We have tried time and again to have it professionally cleaned, but it is beyond help (we've actually been told that by the carpet cleaning people).


Having said all of that, we are so looking forward to new carpet, but that also means getting a new vacuum cleaner.  Most likely the $50 special at Target or Sears.  However, I happened upon this AMAZING Oreck Giveaway at the Village of Moms blog. And, oh my how I would love to win this for our family.  I know that having new carpet and this amazing vacuum would help with my sweet daughters eczema and allergies.  Additionally, it would save the rest of us a lot of sneezing.  So, check out the giveaway, it's a good one!


Here's hoping for a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment